Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Attention (Asshole) Shoppers!

One of the most annoying things you - the consumer - can do, is call and ask us to hold an item for you. How freakin retarded is that. Just drive down and buy the damn thing!  Are you so pathetically lazy that you expect others to do your shopping for you so you don't have to walk more than 30 feet into the store?!

Here's how a typical conversation goes when a dumb-as-a-rock customer calls in to have me hold something for him/her/it:

Retard: Hi how are you?
Me: Fine, what can I help you with? (stupid bitch, I'm at work so obviously I'm having a horrible day)
Retard: Oh, well I was wondering if you had an item in stock.
Me: Ok... (hurry up and get to the point dammit. It's not like I don't have a hundred other things to do.)
Retard: I'm looking for a belt for my snowthrower. Do you have that?
Me: (Like there exists only one universal fits-all belt for any snowthrower YOU IMBECILE!) Yes, we have belts. What brand do you have? Which belt?
Retard: Oh, uhh, wait I think I have the part number here, XXX-XXXXX (actually, customers NEVER have a correct part number, and hardly EVER have any information that pertains to what these buffoons are trying to buy, but I'm simplifying so I don't hurt my brain having to recall all the moronic things I get told by retard customers like YOU).
Me: Yes we have that in stock.
Retard: Do you have very many of them? I won't be able to make it down to the store for another 15 minutes because I have to change my diaper.
Me: Yes (you fool), we have about 30 of them on hand and we've never sold a single one.
Retard: Oh, ok well, can you hold two of them for me?
Me: Sure (I will put two belts on hold for you in case a barrage of desperate people seeking snowthrower auger belts storms our building and buys every last one of SOMETHING WE'VE NEVER SOLD in the next FIFTEEN minutes!!)
Retard: Oh thanks! I'll be right down!
Me: (click)

Aftermath: About 30 minutes after that mind-numbing phone call, my company's other store 15 miles down the street calls and tells me that I can put away the two belts I was holding, because the neanderthal asshole customer CALLED THE WRONG FREAKIN' STORE.  IDIOTS!!! And yes, this happens ALL the time.

So the moral of today is: If you want to buy something, GO TO THE DAMN STORE AND BUY IT! You lazy, worthless turd of a human.  OR, use something called "the internet" and do your shopping there.

How lazy can you be?! Go in the damn store, grab what you want, AND LEAVE!

6 comments:

  1. Ha! I laughed my ass off about this blog. I got it from a link from a friend on FB. Well said! I've never worked in retail, but I do think there are a lot of idiots out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked retail for 5 years. Mannnnn, some of the things you say are sooooo spot on and hilarious. The difference is, there were days I did like my job. I can only imagine how someone could deal with a job they hate and the cesspool of nuts that comes with it!

    The worst part was the unsolicited business advice from customers. "This store is a mess! You should clean it up!" You think so, asshat? Gee, when I get done doing the 50 million things I am doing I will get BACK to doing just that! Meanwhile, after I have heard this over and over (I worked at a series on stores and one was particularly overrun with messy customers) it just got sooooooo annoying. Say you went to see someone who works at a desk. Would you comment on their desk being messy? Or, I always wondered how a customer would feel if I was THEIR customer and criticized the way they did their job????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments!! It's appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I don't work in retail anymore....Glad to finally find someone who felt the same way I did.....hope things get better for you....just say enough is enough...I did and I couldn't be happier....good luck and thanks for the laugh...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support! Retail is the worst job ever but I'm trying hard to get the hell out of it!

    ReplyDelete